What is Pigmentation?
It is a condition that causes your skin to appear darker or lighter than normal complexion. The most common kind of pigmentation is hyper-pigmentation. It varies from person to person depending on the skin type and age.
Causes of Pigmentation
- Increase in the hormone level of melanin
- A result of inflammation and injury post laser treatment
- Genetic pigmentation such as freckles and birthmarks
- Patches on your skin as a result of disease
- Damage from sun or excessive hormonal imbalance
- Stress and smoking
- Result of cosmetic treatments
- Noticed in acne sufferers
Symptoms of Pigmentation
There are different levels of pigmentation – Melasma, Pigment spots, and hyper-pigmentation. You will notice different symptoms for each one of them. Some of these are:
- Symmetrical, spotted, and brownish patches in case of melasma
- White and light patches on your skin in case of pigment spots
- Darker spots like moles in case of hyper-pigmentation
- Severe discoloration of skin
Pigmentation affects your facial appearance greatly. Some of its causes are inevitable and genetic. However, a healthy diet and proper treatment can help in recovery of the skin condition. Staying healthy and stress free can help you avoid the situation to some extent.
HOW TO TREAT PIGMENTATION ?
Me Line Peel Skin Peels Dermaroller IPL Facial Fractional Laser